Frequently Asked Questions
What is BuildFire?
BuildFire is the leading mobile app development platform choice for businesses, organizations, individuals, resellers*** and developers***. With BuildFire’s click and edit interface and powerful suite of built-in features, you can create powerful apps in minutes — no coding required! In addition, we give you the ability to enhance our “out-of-the-box” features or add completely new custom functionality through our open development portal***. We blend the power of click-and-edit mobile app building with the option to dive deep and customize endlessly.
How is BuildFire different from other mobile App Building platforms?
- BuildFire is simpler and easier to use than other platforms. From numerous amount of plugins to choose from, just simply select whichever functions you need and you’re good to go!
- BuildFire produces more engaging and professional looking apps. We have a plethora of templates for you to choose from, resulting in a professional and modern app.
- BuildFire allows you to get into the code to create custom functions. If you’re looking for a specific function that’s not available, don’t sweat it! With BuildFire’s open development architecture you can meet these uniques needs. No other platform combines the simplicity of the click-and-edit experience with the ability to custom develop.
What are the steps in the creation of a Buildfire app?
- Sign up for a free account, select a template*** and start building in minutes.
- Add your own content and features, take as much time as you need. We have tutorial videos and free online support to help you along the way.
- View and test the app on your own phone with our previewer (it is easy, we will show you how).
- When you’re ready, upgrade to a paid subscription account and we will publish your app in the Android and iOS stores.
If I want to create custom features, do I need to find a developer?
Nope! Buildfire will do it for you in a timeframe and cost that will amaze you. However, if you want to do it yourself, we provide an open development portal*** with all the tools needed to create totally custom functionality. Hire Buildfire, use your own developer or do it yourself — it is up to you.
Can I see my app on my phone before I pay?
Yes. Once you have created your app, you can view it on your phone in minutes with the Buildfire Previewer. It’s easy, it’s free, and available on both Apple and Android devices.
Do I need a credit card to sign up a free account and build my app?
Nope. No credit card is required until your app is finished and you decide you want us to publish your app in the Apple and Android store.
Are there templates to help me get started?
Yes. There is a huge variety of themes and industries templates to choose from. The templates come fully loaded with the feature typically associated with the theme or business type selected. In many cases, building an app can be as simple as choosing a template and replacing our sample data with your data.
How can I develop custom functionality?
With our development program*** you can create any custom functionality desired. Leverage your development team or alternatively, the Buildfire team can create your custom functionality at a very reasonable price. Simply submit a custom feature request*** form and we will provide you with a quote within 24 hours (Monday – Friday). If you have your own team, register for a developers account*** and start building today.
Who is BuildFire designed for?
BuildFire is designed for anyone looking for a cost effective way to build a powerful and engaging mobile app without writing a single line of code. If you can use a computer, you can design a feature-rich and sleek app on BuildFire.
Does BuildFire have a reseller program?
Yes. BuildFire has the world’s most powerful and robust white label reseller platform. Click here*** to learn more or complete our contact form*** and a member of our team will contact you by phone or email.
BuildFire or custom development?
BuildFire’s “off-the-shelf” functionality and solutions are very powerful and highly flexible. However, there are times when the intricacies and nuances of your unique situation requires a more customized solution. This is where the power of the BuildFire technology really shines. The ability to combine off-the-shelf features with custom functionality enables you to create a custom mobile app in a fraction of the time and cost of traditional development. Utilizing our development portal*** you can create custom proprietary functionality; use your team or have the BuildFire team do it for you. In addition, with BuildFire, you get a platform that is easy to update and maintain; no need for expensive IT resources. BuildFire handles all support, hosting, updates, app store submissions and management of future upgrades.
Alternatively, custom development will generally run 18 to 25 weeks and cost anywhere from $50,000 to $1,000,000. Thereafter, you need an infrastructure to support and maintain the app. If you are considering a customized solution, consider BuildFire; the savings in time and money will be significant.
What mobile platforms does BuildFire support?
BuildFire supports iPhone, iPad, Android and HTML5. Build your app once and it will works in these environments.
What platforms are covered with a standard subscription?
iPhone, Android and HTML5 is all included in the base subscription rate; we do iPad also for an additional charge.
Do I need Apple and Google Developer accounts?
Both Apple and Google do require that you open your own developer accounts, yes. However, our publishing team will handle the heavy lifting to actually submit your apps to the App Store and Google Play.
I already have a mobile website, why should I get an mobile app?
Many reasons! Here are a few:
- Apps are interactive using features such as push notifications; websites are informational
- Apps can utilize the native features within the phone such as the camera, calendar, GPS, etc.
- Better user experience because the app runs within the device as opposed to accessing the web
What is the difference between an iOS app, Android app and HTML5 (Mobile Website)
When you build an app with Buildfire, it creates all three for you.
- iOS app – use with Apple iPhone and iPads
- Android app – use with Samsung, Google, HTC and many other devices. Basically, all non-Apple devices.
- HTML5 Mobile Websites – you are able to view the app content on a mobile device and the layout automatically adjusts to properly display in the mobile device you are using. However, because it is a webview, it does not process many on the functionalities of an iOS or Android app. These would include interfaces with the device’s camera, GPS, calendar, Push notifications, etc.
Can I make changes to my app after it is published?
Yes, anytime and as much as you need to. Most updates are automatically and immediately pushed to everyone that has the app on their phone.
Is it easy to maintain and update my app?
Yes, this is one of the reasons we created Buildfire. If you can use a computer, you can build and maintain your app with Buildfire. Gone are the days of calling the IT department every time a changes or update is required. You maintain the content and Buildfire will do the rest; from app submissions, to hosting, maintenance, bug fixes, upgrades, enhancement, etc. It all included in the standard subscription pricing.
Do I get charged for App updates that are resubmitted to the app store?
You are never charged for the initial submission and most resubmission are included with your subscription. There may be an additional charge if by a rare chance you need to change the app icon or loading screen.
Can I see my app before I publish?
Yes. We provide an emulator on your dashboard so you can see the changes as you make them. In addition, we provide an app previewer so you can see your app running on your phone before you publish. It’s easy, it’s free, and available on both Apple and Android devices.
How much does BuildFire cost?
Pricing is very reasonable and simple; here is our pricing page.*** Note: There is no iTunes App Store charge or apps submission charges; that is included.
Do I have to host my app?
No, the app is hosted by BuildFire. Enterprise customers can host their app under specific licensing arrangements.
How do I get help when I’m making my app?
Easy, we offer free online support. From your dashboard, look for the “?” in the bottom right hand corner. Click and ask your question. During normal support hours we can usually respond in minutes. Again, all support is free.
How long does it take before my app is available in the app store?
Once you ask us to publish, Android will take a few days and iOS approximately a week. We have no control over the Android or iOS review process.
Do I need to republish my app to the app store when a new version of iOS or Android comes out?
Generally not. However, should a resubmission be necessary, we will handle it for you at no cost. In fact, if necessary, we handle it all in the background for you. Chances are you will never even be aware the resubmission occurred.
Can I set up a Buildfire app under my own developer account?
Yes; we charge an addition fee for this service.
How do I cancel my Buildfire account?
Very sorry to see you leave us. To Cancel, just send us an email at email@example.com or send us a message from with the dashboard.
Your question was not answered?
No problem, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 24 hours.