Now that you’ve learned how to create configurations and enable plugins, let’s talk about the app management section.
The App Management section is the control hub for all of your apps. Every app you’ll have ever created, and sold, will all be stored here.
When you create an app, you’ll select the configuration you would like it to have. And when you clone an app, the new app will have whichever configuration the app from which it’s cloned has.
How to create an app:
Remember, in order to create an app, you must set up at least one configuration. If you haven’t done so yet, you’ll want to do that now.
- Click “Add New App”
- Give it a Title
- My recommendation is to leave the bundle ID blank and have the system generate one for you
- Give it a version number. Again, if you leave this blank, it will be automatically generated for you.
- Select a configuration (IMPORTANT: If this is your first app, you’ll want to make sure the status is a trial app)
- Assign any app owners you want to have access to this app
- Click "Create"
How to change an app's Configuration:
- Click “Manage”
- Select the configuration you’d like it to have
- Click “Update”. Please Note: If you’re changing an app to a higher tier, you’ll see an increase in your credit consumption.
How to give your customers access to their apps:
- Click “Manage”
- Scroll down to the “App Owners” section
- Add the users you would like to have access to this app
How to clone an app:
Cloning is an amazing feature for when you want to copy all of the contents of one app into a new app. You can utilize this with templates, for example, so you don't have to start from scratch every time you want to create a similar app.
This way if you sell into a specific vertical, you can still charge them a setup or build fee, but you can drastically reduce the time it takes you to create the app if you’ve cloned it from a template.
You can clone an app in a few easy steps:
- Find the app you want to clone from the list of apps
- Click “Clone”
- Fill out the new app’s information and click “Clone”
Please Note: Cloning will copy content, pictures, layouts, etc., but it will not copy over registered app users.
You now know how to use App Management to create, open, clone, and manage an app. In the next lesson, we’ll go over how to manage your users.
Thanks for watching and I’ll see you there!
Let’s build something great together.
COMPLETE TABLE OF CONTENTS
Reseller On Boarding: Welcome to BuildFire!
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 1 - Getting Started
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 2 - Admin vs App Control Panel
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 3 - App Configurations
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 4 - Plugin Marketplace
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 5 - App Management
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 6 - User Management
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 7 - How to Build an App
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 8 - Demo App / Previewer Plugin Tutorial
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 9 - Publishing Your App
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 10 - DIY Settings
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 11 - Setting Up Your White Label Website
Reseller On Boarding: Conclusion