In this article, we’ll show you how to create new plugin instances and then make them accessible (or enable them) on your app.
Pro Tip: How to create and enable a new plugin instance simultaneously
There are a few ways to automatically make your plugin accessible at the same time you create it.
Method 1: Create it within the side menu
You can create a new plugin instance right within your side menu by following these steps:
- Step 1: Go to “Side Menu” in the left menu under “Plugins” (Note: These are the plugins that are available under your plan.)
- Step 2: Click "Create New Plugin"
- Step 3: Choose the plugin you want, give it a title, and click "Add"
Method 2: Create it within a Folder Plugin
You can create a new plugin instance right within a folder plugin by following these steps:
- Step 1: Go to any folder plugin or create a new one (Hint: You'll know it's a folder because it will say so at the top of the plugin editor).
- Step 2: Scroll down and click "Add Plugin Instance"
- Step 3: Click "Create New Plugin"
- Step 4: Choose the plugin you want, give it a title, and click "Add"
Method 3: Add it to your side menu at the same time you create it
You can automatically add your plugin to the side menu at the same time you're creating it by checking the box below the title.
How to enable a new plugin instance on your app (If you don't follow one of the Pro Tips above)
To enable a new plugin instance on your app, you can follow these easy steps:
- Step 1: Go to “Add Plugins” in the left menu under “Plugins”
- Note: These are the plugins that are available under your plan
- Step 2: Find the plugin that you would like to use with either the search field or by locating it on the list.
- Step 3: Click “Add Instance” and give it a title.
- Step 4: Fill out the content for your plugin instance.
- Step 5: Go to “Active plugins” submenu under “Plugins” on the left hand side. Note that Plugin exists in the system, but doesn’t exist on the app just yet.
- Step 6A: Include the plugin instance in the side menu so that it is accessible through it.
- Step 6B: Include the plugin instance in a folder plugin instance or a grid layout launcher plugin instance.
Once you’re done, simply click “Publish” and through our smartSYNC technology, your content will go live on your users’ apps.
Why aren't plugin instances always automatically enabled when you create them?
Not automatically enabling plugin instances allows for you to work on them in the background and then enable and publish them when you’re ready.
Help us better refine this article by leaving feedback or a comment.
Thanks for choosing BuildFire. Here's to your success! :)