You might be thinking to yourself, “The point and power of an app is to communicate, engage, and/or educate my audience. So how can I go about doing that?”
First of all, you’re pretty smart! And you’re exactly on the right track.
Second, let me share with you another powerful feature you can utilize to do exactly that. We call it User Management and Tagging.
I’ll break it down into it’s parts so that you can understand how it works.
What are tags?
Think of tags as labels that you can apply to your users. For the more technical term, you can think of them as “metadata”, but let’s just stick with calling them tags.
You can create any and as many tags as you want and utilize in some really cool ways
What can you do with tags?
Tags enable you to
- Communicate more effectively by utilizing them in Push Notifications to send a notification to a specific set of people or individual people who have a specific tag or tags. If you want a tutorial about this, you can find it here: http://learn.buildfire.com/product-updates/product-update-advanced-custom-push-notifications
- Lock down or restrict access to specific plugins in the app to only people who have a specific tag or tags applied to them. If you want to learn more about this specific feature, you can do so here: http://learn.buildfire.com/control-panel-and-plugin-tutorials/user-management-and-tagging-system-tutorial-controls
- Manage your user data. You can assign tags to users and then export that data to use them in your other marketing initiatives.
Let’s take a look at an example tag and how you can use it.
Example of How to Use a Tag
For this example, let’s use the tag “VIP”. If you apply this tag to your VIP members, you could do the following:
- Send out a push notification to only your VIP members letting them know that there is new exclusive content on the app
- Link that push notification to a plugin that is locked down to VIP members only so that only those users can access it
- Export those VIP members to leverage in your other marketing initiatives
Other Example Tags
Some other tags you may want to utilize could be:
So whether you’re looking to communicate effectively or restrict plugin access, tags are your way to go.
If you haven’t done so already, be sure to upgrade to unlock this powerful feature.
Thanks for choosing BuildFire.