In this video we’ll be learning about app configurations, which are one of the most critical components of your system. In fact, before you create any apps, you’ll need to create at least one configuration first.
Configurations determine which core feature sets are available to the apps that exist under them.
Now, you’ll notice I said “core feature sets” and not “marketplace plugins”. To turn on and off plugins in your system, you’ll do that under the marketplace tab (but we’ll cover that in detail in our next lesson).
We built configurations with you in mind for two primary purposes:
- To give you maximum flexibility when it comes to the feature sets you make available to your customers, thus giving you the ability to tier your plans and pricing.
- To give you the ability to make global changes to your apps like turning features on and off instead of having to make those changes one app at a time.
How to create a new configuration
- Go to “Configurations”
- Click “Add New Configuration”
- Select the type of configuration you want. (Trial is good for when you’re building apps or when you’re creating templates, but if you would like to take advantage of our premium features or you are ready to publish your app, you’ll need to select Premium or Professional.)
- Select the features you would like to make available to your customers under this configuration.
- Click “Save”
We’ll go over how to change an individual app’s configuration in the App Management lesson.
Please note, each configuration will consume a specific number of credits depending on the feature set it entails.
These credits are how your account will be charged. If you run out of credits, you can still add more apps and your account subscription will be adjusted to account for it.
Now that you know how to create app configurations to enable core features, let’s talk about how you can enable plugins via the marketplace.
Let’s build something great together.
See you there!
COMPLETE TABLE OF CONTENTS
Reseller On Boarding: Welcome to BuildFire!
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 1 - Getting Started
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 2 - Admin vs App Control Panel
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 3 - App Configurations
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 4 - Plugin Marketplace
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 5 - App Management
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 6 - User Management
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 7 - How to Build an App
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 8 - Demo App / Previewer Plugin Tutorial
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 9 - Publishing Your App
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 10 - DIY Settings
Reseller On Boarding: Lesson 11 - Setting Up Your White Label Website
Reseller On Boarding: Conclusion