Android APK Delivery Automation
You are now able to fully Automate your APK Delivery within BuildFire! This is exciting news and will allow you to speed up your Publishing process significantly.
Why should you Automate?
Time equals money. This is why all companies should treat time like gold. You and your staff spend countless hours doing endless tasks. This not only decreases their morale, and yours, but it also makes you feel overworked and overextended! Having a machine perform tasks for your APK will allow you and your team to spend time doing more important jobs.
How is this Process Completed?
The process itself is fairly simple and only takes a matter of minutes to set up. That said, you will need to operate in three different tabs for this exercise - The BuildFire Control Panel, Google Play Console & Google Cloud Console.
This Document will break the process down into several helpful snippets on how to implement it. If you should have questions, please reach out to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.
Part I: BuildFire Control Panel
Log into your BuildFire Control Panel
Once logged into your BuildFire Control Panel Click on the “Gear” icon located on the left-hand side of the account
Click on "Edit Information"
2. Make sure your Google Developer Account information is filled out
__________________________________________________________________3. Fill out the “Publishing Information Section”
Part I: Summary Video
Part II: Google Play Console
Open your Google Play Console Account
Click on "Settings"
Click on "Developer Account"
Click on "API Access"
5. From "API Access" Click on "Create new service account"
6. You will receive a dialogue box that will need you to go to your Google Cloud Platform. Please note that this will need to be open as a new tab or as a completely different browser session.
Part II APK Upload to BuildFire - Section 1 Summary
Part II APK Upload to BuildFire - Section 2
On the Google Cloud Platform you will want to click on "Create Service Account"
2. Provide a Service account name
3. Click on the Circular Arrow to Generate an Account ID
4. Provide a Description of the Service
5. Click on "Create"
6. Click on "Select a Role" and choose Service Accounts > Service Account User
7. Optional features - Not needed.
8. Click on Done - This will take you back to the Google Cloud Platform Landing Page. Note the need addition of the tester emai.
9. Click on the ellipsis on the right-hand side and then click on "Manage Keys"
10. Click on "Create new key"
11. Select JSON Type and Click Create
Once the file has been created it will download to your browser. You can move the file to your desktop or leave it in your documents - Just note the file name.
12. You will now go back to the Google Play Console and Press Done
13. Once you press done, you will have the option to Grant access to the APK File. Click on "Grant access"
14. Once you click on "Grant access" you will want to end the email address of "firstname.lastname@example.org" and provide Admin Access. Once provided click "invite user"
15. Once you click "invite user" you will be asked to confirm the Invite.
Part II APK Upload to BuildFire - Section 2 Summary
Part II APK Upload to BuildFire - Section 3 Summary
Part III APK Upload to BuildFire
Return to the BuildFire Control Panel and go back to your Publishing Information Page.
2. Find the recently downloaded JSON File by clicking "Select File" from the Dashboard.
3. Upon Selecting the proper file click "Open" and the file will successfully be uploaded into your BuildFire Control Panel.
Part III APK Upload to BuildFire - Section Summary/Conclusion
There you have it! That was a lot of steps but now you are successfully linked up to Automate your APK w/BuildFire. If you should have questions on this process please reach out Support@buildfire.com
Here's to your Success!